Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Out Now: My Essay on Feminism and Romance


I'm delighted to be able to announce that, at long last, "Feminism and Early Twenty-First Century Harlequin Mills & Boon Romances," an article which began its life as a paper given at the 20th annual Feminist & Women’s Studies Association (UK & Ireland) Conference in 2007, has been published in the Journal of Popular Culture. You can read the first page here and I discuss it in a little bit more detail at my blog.

And while I'm on the topic of feminism and romance, I'd like to take the opportunity to mention Jackie C. Horne's new blog: Romance Novels for Feminists. Here's her post explaining who she is and why she's writing about romances and feminism.
----
Vivanco, Laura. "Feminism and Early Twenty-First Century Harlequin Mills & Boon Romances." Journal of Popular Culture 45.5 (2012): 1060–1089.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats, Laura! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. If you can't get hold of a copy easily, I "have the personal right to send or transmit individual copies of this PDF to colleagues upon their specific request provided no fee is charged, and further-provided that there is no systematic distribution of the Contribution, e.g. posting on a listserv, website or automated delivery." I can be contacted via my website.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for telling us. I've just finished reading the article. Plenty to think about.

    ReplyDelete